Wednesday, August 24, 2011

New Cider press basket

I picked up this basket today, it cost 75 bucks and came with a press plate and a bunch of spacers for pressing. I need some butcher block oil and I will get it finished so I can press my grapes in a few days. for scale there is a nice frosty mug of Apfelwein - the mug is a very tall two pint mug. The basket is 12 inches in diameter.


the quality is great, I feel as though I could stand on top of it and it would be just fine - in fact the guy that made it for me made it last night on really short notice and told me I could stand on it.

His stuff was sturdy and well made, plus I got to pick it up so I didn't have to pay for shipping - saved me about 25 dollars.

here is his artfire website, this is a plug for his stuff because he sold me something that was well made and couldn't have been nicer. He even had two border collie crosses that wanted to fetch a ball and get constant attention so I got some dog time while I was there.

1 comment:

  1. Where did you get this basket? I am looking for a replacement basket.

    ReplyDelete